I missed the Southeastern Writers Conference this year. Money and time restraints would not allow it. Nonetheless, I feel the need to shoutout to the many people with whom I have spent wonderful trips to St. Simon’s Island.
These include but are not limited to:
Emily Sue and Lee Harvey (and family!)
Tim and Sheila Hudson
Cappy Hall Rearick
Zhanna P. Rader
Brian Jay Corrigan (and family!)
Jimmy Carl Harris
Thank you all so much for your guidance, support, and friendships through these last few years. I doubt you know how much of a blessing you have been.
Everything in my life is colorful: like blaring rainbows. I’m eighteen, but I’m not growing up any too fast, I hate to say. And I’m not even gay. I’m not even male!
Here are a few examples:
1. My Incrediboy T-shirt. I have been known to walk around the mall as an advertisement for my friend Lee Clevenger, the author of the Incrediboy series. See below.
2. I have a Little Mermaid motif in my book, so I’ve got a little Ariel crazy lately. I have T-shirts. I was also given Little Mermaid stickers as a graduation present.
3. Okay, I might like Beauty and the Beast, too. And Aladdin. I listen to these soundtracks on a regular basis.
4. Fine, I just like old Disney movies.
5. The pigtails. I pull them off. I have to say. I become quite Moe.
6. I have an attraction to shiny things. But don’t all women? Haha. Maybe I actually have an attraction to cheap shiny things. That’s a little more concerning. I ❤ glowsticks.
7. I have a tendency to stick my tongue out in road rage.
8. I have a weakness for paint. And playing in it. And sometimes making a mess.
9. I love crazy socks! =D
So I challenge you: explore your inner child. What do you do–or have the impulse to do–that may be considered by others to be slightly childish? Knowing may open doors to creativity.